GekkoFS 0.6.2 is now available, with enhancements to the filesystem configuration options, more detailed log output, and several bugfixes.
- Paths inside kernel pseudo-filesystems (
/proc) are forwarded directly to the kernel, thus skipping internal path resolution. Be aware that this might include relative paths leading into GekkoFS such as
/sys/../tmp/gkfs_mountpoint/, which will be forwarded to the kernel and, thus, not captured by GekkoFS.
- Added a new CMake flag called
CREATE_CHECK_PARENTSthat controls if the existence of parent directories needs to be checked during the creation of a file/subdirectory. This is a POSIX requirement that limits metadata performance which might not be required for an application that:
- Uses no directories.
- Is fundamentally certain that parent directories always exist before creating a file or a subdirectory.
- Daemon logs for RPC handlers have been polished.
- Updated Margo, Mercury and Libfabric dependencies.
- Fixed a bug in the
mk_nodeRPC that prevented the correct propagation of daemon errors.
READMEhas been expanded and has also received some minor fixes.
- Fixed logging for in